Session reserved for
- Smart cities as a solution for sustainable future
- The project overview: Objectives and technologies
- From pre-study to implementation
- Unconventional cross-industry cooperation practices and new business opportunities
- Key lessons learnt
renewables integration and load balancing
- What is the impact of EVs on electricity load management using smart grid technologies?
- Implications of EVs on steady state operation, intermittent renewables-based electricity supply, system stability, dynamic behaviour and restoration
- Emerging policies and regulations to support V2G projects
- Adoption rates
- Technical barriers to overcome and enable wider adoption of EVs and their interaction with the grid and charging infrastructure
- Next steps
communications and data
- Understanding the risks of cyber attacks: What will it cost to your business?
- Defining rewards and justifying high costs of investing in cyber security
- Seeking common, risk based approach to cyber security
- Addressing flexibility to respond quickly and efficiently to possible cyber attacks
- When smart grid meets smart home
- The new ‘smart’ products and solutions to enable energy efficiency at home
- New functions offered by smart meters
- Transparency in pricing and real-time metering
- Managing these utility controlled devices and utilising the data they feed back to your data management centre
- Supporting and servicing these devices
- Best practice and lessons learnt
- Every country is different, but what do we have in common?
- Various relevant areas for international cooperation checklist: Common R&D projects and pilots, sharing information on national experiences results, discussions around regulatory tools, definition of norms, network security issues
- Experience exchange: What happens when the technological part of your project is done? Introducing your technology to the market
- What have we learnt from each other on our journey to smart community creation?